From Our Principal
Dear Parents and Students of St. Columba, Welcome back to school and to a wonderful start of the new school year. We have a few mandated changes for our school year. We are ready to have full day, in-person sessions at St. Columba School for the 2021-2022 school year. There are three simple guidelines we must follow:
1. Please remember, parents and visitors must wear masks at all times when entering and exiting the building. Please be prepared to show your COVID 19 card that you are vaccinated, (we will be glad to make a copy of your card so we could put it on file for future use).
2. Please follow the social distancing guidelines (3 feet apart) while attending St. Columba School.
3. Mr. Morisco conducted a parent meeting on August 19, 2021 , which was held in the cafeteria at 6:00pm for all families prior to the first day of school for clarifications, questions, and answers in regards to guidelines from the Department of Education, State Health Department of Pennsylvania, CDC, and Diocese of Harrisburg. For safety reasons, we ask that only students who have met their teacher attend the parent meeting.
4. Students must follow the mask bus mandates issued by the home school districts.
Here are some friendly reminders in order for our school to run smoothly:
● Please do not email dismissal notes to the secretary. Written notes and phone calls are acceptable. Changes to dismissal plans should be in the office by 1:45.
● If you have any flyers and/or announcements to go home to students and you would like St. Columba to send them home, please send us an email or hard copy of the letter for administrative approval prior from notices going home.
● Please be cognizant while entering and exiting the parking lot, as students are present.
● Please understand our school & discipline policy, if a student acts out in a negative way and are affecting our learning, then that student must be removed from the class and sent home.
● Please pick up and drop off your child on time.
● Tuition Policy- please pay your tuition on time. If you have any concerns with tuition, please call Mrs. Erwin.
● Student Handbook- thank you for your patience, as I am in the process of completing the final revision of the handbook.
● If anyone has photos on the first day of school and would like to share them with us, please forward to Mr. Ferdock.
AFTER SCHOOL CARE
After-school care will be provided starting Wednesday, August 25, 2021. If your child is attending aftercare, please be advised they should have a bagged snack, no lunch boxes will be allowed. Aftercare care fees are as follows:
$6.00 per hour
Aftercare will run from 2:30pm - 5:30pm.
The aftercare program would appreciate any donations, such as hand wipes, thermometers, water bottles, hand sanitizers, face masks, tissue boxes, games, and any type of sporting equipment.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Anyone interested in bringing in donations for the school, needing to go to our school uniform closet, or wanting to volunteer your time at Saint Columba School, please make an appointment with the School Office. Thank you for your cooperation with this procedure.
Anyone who would like to donate to Saint Columba School for the entire school, we are in need of saranwrap, tissues, hand sanitizers, masks, water bottles, Clorox wipes, paper towels, and any additional classroom supplies. Thank you in advance for your generous donations.
Please make sure your child(ren) are aware of following all the guidelines set in place for their safety:
1. You must wear your mask when entering and traveling through the school building.
2. Always wash and dry your hands.
3. Always use hand sanitizer before/after you touch anything.
4. Always cough/sneeze inside your arm.
5. If you are not feeling well, ask politely to visit the school office. THANK YOU.
Please contact me if you have any concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am always ready to listen and assist in creating a safe and healthy environment for your child.
Thank you for your support, patience, and cooperation this year at Saint Columba School.
Thank you and be safe.
Mr. Peter Morisco